The Kidney Concoction!
The Kidney performs 3 Major Functions:
- They eliminate toxic substances that are produced in the body and are no longer needed. Substances like urea and creatinine are waste products of metabolism or bodily functions and are processed through the kidneys and expelled through the passing of urine.
- Kidneys also regulate the equilibrium between sodium and water in the body. The various concentration of salts, like potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and others are also controlled. The acid content of the body is also regulated through normal kidney function. Acids that are formed from the decomposition of nutrients are regulated.
- The kidneys also produce a whole host of hormones that are responsible for the following: blood pressure, stimulating red blood cell production, absorption of phosphorus and calcium in the intestine, which is significant to bone mineralization.
Give your kidneys a gift and help to detoxify your body's detoxifier.
Here is a juice recipe for your kidneys:
We call it the Kidney Concoction.
- Two large or three medium organic carrots.
- Two sticks of organic celery.
- One medium beetroot.
- One small or half a large organic cucumber with the peel (peel non-organic cucumbers).
- The juice of one large or two small lemons (always discard citrus seeds).
- One ounce of organic parsley soaked in warm water (roughly half an average sized bunch).
Pour lemon juice into your collection container along with a couple of ice cubes. This will help lessen the degradation of the juice.
Push all of the ingredients through the juicer, alternating between the harder carrots and beetroot with the softer cucumber and celery. Scrunch the parsley up into a ball and feed it through between the harder vegetables. Once again, you will get much more parsley juice out of a masticating juicer than a centrifugal juicer.
Stir to mix the juice and drink immediately.
BTW, these recipes are to be used as a supplement to improve kidney health not a cure for kidney disease. Before making radical changes to your diet, be sure to consult with a medical professional.